WRITE A WINNING ESSAY AND WIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
- To enter the essay-writing contest, you must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2017.
- You and your parents or guardian must be served by Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- Essay is not to exceed two standard 8.5x11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages on this topic:
- "Democracy is the foundation of our American way of life and of cooperative enterprise. The fundamentals of democracy include voter participation, political party affiliation, and public debate of issues. Describe what you think makes our current democracy strong, and provide suggestions for ways our democracy can be made stronger and more effect."
- Submit your essay in hard copy or electronic format to Mountrail-Williams Electric. Electronic submissions should conform to the two-page, double-spaced guideline described above. Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, school and grade in 2017, parent or guardian's name, address and telephone number.
- The deadline is January 31, 2017. E-mailed entries should be directed to Jessica George at email@example.com, and hard-copy entries mailed to: Youth Tour Essay Contest, Mountrail-Williams Cooperative, P.O. Box 1346, Williston, ND 58802-1346.
- If you have a question, contact Jessica George, Mountrail-Williams Electric, at the address listed above, or call (701) 577-3765 during regular business hours.
TOP THREE REASONS TO ENTER THE ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST
- All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., compliments of Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- A whole week to visit unforgettable historic monuments, museums and the U.S. Capitol.
- A learning experience you'll never forget.