We are sorry to announce that we will not be participating in the Youth Tour for 2021. There is a lot of planning and organizing that goes into this event each year. Reservations for this event are required almost a full year in advance and with the uncertainty of what will happen, our area electric cooperatives have decided to forgo the event this year.
We are working on other options, if all works out, to give our students a great and unique experience like the Youth Tour. Thank you!
WRITE A WINNING ESSAY AND WIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
- To enter the essay-writing contest, you must be a sophomore or junior in high school
- You and your parents or guardian must be served by Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- Essay is not to exceed two standard 8.5x11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages on this topic:
"If chosen as a Youth Tour delegate, you will travel to Washington, D.C. to experience and learn about America's rich history. What moment in American history do you wish you had been a part of and what would you have contributed?"
Submit your essay in hard copy or electronic format to Mountrail-Williams Electric. Electronic submissions should conform to the two-page, double-spaced guideline described above.
Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, school and current grade, parent or guardian's name, address and telephone number.
ALL entries must be received by MWEC no later than January 30th, 2020. E-mailed entries should be directed to Jessica George at firstname.lastname@example.org, and hard-copy entries can be mailed to: Youth Tour Essay Contest, Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 1346, Williston, ND 58802-1346 or dropped at any of the three MWEC Locations with attention to Jessica George.
If you have a question, contact Jessica George, Mountrail-Williams Electric, at the address listed above, or call (701) 577-3765 during regular business hours.
TOP THREE REASONS TO ENTER THE ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST
- All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., compliments of Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- A whole week to visit unforgettable historic monuments, museums and the U.S. Capitol.
- A learning experience you'll never forget.