WRITE A WINNING ESSAY AND WIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
- To enter the essay-writing contest, you must be a sophomore or junior in high school
- You and your parents or guardian must be served by Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- Essay is not to exceed two standard 8.5x11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages on this topic:
"There are approximately 20 million military veterans in the United States today. How shall fellow U.S. citizens honor and look after these veterans, who have served and sacrificed on our behalf? Describe any special connection you may have to a veteran or active-duty member of the military"
- Submit your essay in hard copy or electronic format to Mountrail-Williams Electric. Electronic submissions should conform to the two-page, double-spaced guideline described above. Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, school and current grade, parent or guardian's name, address and telephone number.
- The deadline is January 31, 2018. E-mailed entries should be directed to Jessica George at email@example.com, and hard-copy entries can be mailed to: Youth Tour Essay Contest, Mountrail-Williams Cooperative, P.O. Box 1346, Williston, ND 58802-1346 or dropped at any of the three MWEC Locations with attention to Jessica George.
- If you have a question, contact Jessica George, Mountrail-Williams Electric, at the address listed above, or call (701) 577-3765 during regular business hours.
TOP THREE REASONS TO ENTER THE ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST
- All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., compliments of Mountrail-Williams Electric Cooperative.
- A whole week to visit unforgettable historic monuments, museums and the U.S. Capitol.
- A learning experience you'll never forget.